Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Raisin in the Sun, Act 1, scene 2

*Mama Younger
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/
71/28/5e/71285e2b6a296c2f9c1e8f50e6817715.jpg

Today I will: 
  • Work on my writing fluency by answering an open-ended question in my notebook.
  • Read ARITS out loud with my classmates.
  • Read an article about the American dream, chart the article, summarize parts of the article and identify the author's purpose.
  • Learn about the American Identity Speech.
Please Take out
-a piece of paper
-a writing utensil
-A Raisin in the Sun
-HW: study questions

Today's Agenda:
-Fluency writing: Dreams Deferred
-Read Act I, Scene 2
-Read “Can Life Still be a Dream in America” from Chicago Tribune
-Introduce American Identity speech

Homework:
Work on Vocabulary 7 chart - due Thursday
Complete Evidence Chart - due tomorrow